CFX_ZipPassword is a ColdFusion CFX tag providing encryption facility to protect sensitive documents contained in your zip file from unauthorized viewing. The contents of zip file that you want to protect are encrypted by Zip 2.0 encryption method using a password that you specify.
In order for any application to later extract the original contents of the encrypted files, the correct password must again be supplied.
By using Zip 2.0 encryption method, the resulting password-protected zip file created by CFX_ZipPassword can be opened by any Zip application that supports Zip 2.0 such as Winzip.
In simple way:
Zip File -> CFX_ZipPassword -> Password-protected Zip File
Prior to purchasing CFX_ZipPassword, we strongly suggest you to download CFX_ZipPassword evaluation version first from this link. This way, you can assure the custom tag works perfectly in your server environment.
- Fast and simple operation
- Can be used to password-protect zip file that contains sensitive data
- Takes zip file as input. The zip file can be created by any applcation or custom tags.
- Output is the password protected zip file. The original zip file will be keep intact.
|Supported ColdFusion Server:
- ColdFusion MX 6, 6.1
- ColdFusion 7
- ColdFusion 8
on all operating systems
Since this tag is working on server side, all browsers are compatible.
||input="full path and filename of zip file you want to password-protect"
output="full path and filename of password protected zip file to be created"
password="password to be injected to the created zip file">
All input parameters are mandatory.
1. Input must be a fully qualified zip file name.
If the original zip file is password protected, the resulting zip file won't be able to be decrypted.
Please make sure the input zip file is NOT password protected.
2. Output must be a fully qualified zip file name. If the same file exists, it will be overwritten.
3. Password is only injected to output file. The original input file will remain intact
This tag is created specifically to enhance the security of your zip file.
Some applications that may benefit by using this tag are:
- Web application generating reports and other sensitive data
- Web application allowing visitors to download more than one files at a time.
Using zip file, you can pack all files into single zip file download
- And many more...
Due to limitation in our server, you can directly test the custom tag by downloading the free evaluation version.
Please click here
(Tabbed page powered by CF_Tab)