Custom Tag: CFX_Excel (Evaluation version)
(c) 2009, MasRizal & Partners
Indra Gunawan, email@example.com
Rizal Firmansyah, firstname.lastname@example.org
CFX_Excel is a quick solution to read and write Microsoft Excel files without using MS Excel or any other COM object.
Using Jakarta POI, CFX_Excel can be used in any platform that supports ColdFusion MX and above
The read operation will transform Excel file into ColdFusion query. While the write operation will transform ColdFusion query to Excel file.
Limitation on evaluation version:
1. READ -> will only read the first 10 rows of data.
2. WRITE -> will only write the first 10 rows of data.
New in v3.2:
- Ability to specify data type for each column
New in V3:
- Full unicode characters support. Many thanks goes to our customers from Japan, China and France for requesting this feature.
- Ability to set number of decimals converted to CF query. Using the new "DecimalDigit" attribute, you can now specifically tells how many decimal digit should CFX_Excel read from the Excel file.
- Merged cells support. By popular demands, merged cells can now be processed as if the all merged cells contain the same value in the CF query.
New in V2:
- PreserveStyle attribute for writing Excel file. Keep the template cell style's for newly inserted rows
- Sample for template usage is now provided
- Better support for large records. Microsoft Excel has style limitation as advised by Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;213904
In V2, CFX_Excel will minimize the number of style to conform Microsoft Excel limit.
Many thanks goes to Lidia Galluzzo from Cingular Wireless, and Irvin Gomez from Pixel69 for notifying us about this issue. CFX_Excel v2 is now safe for writing thousand of records.
- Better support for reading styled Excel files. Many thanks goes to Audie Roldan from Tranax for testing CFX_Excel styled document capabilty.